CMA ESG+ Programme
The world is moving towards sustainable development. In order to raise the importance of the concept and practice of sustainable development in Hong Kong's business community, the Chinese Manufacturers' Association of Hong Kong (CMA) launched the "ESG+ Programme" (Programme) to encourage all sectors to sign the "ESG Pledge" (Pledge) in order to establish the pledge and receive ESG awards and improve the enterprises ESG performance gradually.
The Programme is sponsored by HSBC Bank and the CMA Industrial Development Foundation Limited. CMA Testing and the Hong Kong Productivity Council are the strategic partners.
CMA will work closely with partners and professional bodies to provide related ESG Program(e.g. Happiness at Work Scheme Promotion Scheme), activities, seminars, training courses, testing and certification and brand development to ESG Pledge participating companies/organizations .
Programme Core Activities
I. ESG Pledge Scheme launched in Q4 2022
ESG Pledge Scheme is organized by The Chinese Manufacturers' Association of Hong Kong and co-operated with Hong Kong Brand Development Council. The scheme is aim at strengthening the concern of sustainable development. It encourages the business and public sectors to sign the pledge and implement the action plans to improve the ESG (Environmental, social and governance) performance, thus building a sustainable environment in future.
Please read the application form and contact ESG Pledge Scheme Secretariat at:
Email : info@ESGpledge.org.hk
Tel: 2542 5710
Download application form: https://esgpledge.org.hk/zh-HK/download
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/esgpledge/
II. ESG Award
Will be launched in Q3 2023
III. Happiness at Work Promotion Scheme
l Organised by PHIF and executed by CMA
l Participating companies are authorized to use Happiness at Work mark for promotion
l Direct channel to perform social responsibility(S of ESG)
Annual Fee is $800. Entreprises/organizations who successfully joined the scheme will receive certificate and probably to attend the certificate award ceremony.
Download application form: https://www.hkworkhappiness.com
Tel : 2542 8614
Email : email@example.com
IV. Special Offers of ESG participating companies
1. Members of CMA and Brand Council, customers of the above subordinate units and subsidary companies, enjoy $200 annual fee discount, ie. $1000 ($1200 for non-preferential applicants) applying ESG Pledge Scheme. ie. $1000
2. ESG participating companies may get 3 month free trial on Smart Energy Online provided by CLP Power Hong Kong Limited. Details please refer to www.clp.com.hk/SmartEnergyOnline
3. Global ESG supply chain evaluation platform provided by CRIF Hong Kong Limited
V. ESG Activities
1. ESG seminar with CLP on 22 Mar 2023 Details please refer to https://esgpledge.org.hk/charter-activities-detail?id=5305
2. ESG seminar with Tradelink on 10 May 2023 Details please refer to https://esgpledge.org.hk/charter-activities-detail?id=5770&cid=1006
3. Happiness at Work Promotion Scheme 2023 accepts enrollment. Details please refer to https://www.hkworkhappiness.com
E – Support and activities on Environmental Protection
- CMA Testing Center
- Policy formulation and services on ESG and sustainable development
- Provide free "one-on-one" green development consultation service
- Help to match ESG funds or venture capital
- HSBC provides offers to ESG Pledge participating companies(coming soon)
- Tradelink provides IT supports to ESG projects
- CLP provides services to ESG Pledge participating companies such as Smart Energy Online, Renewable Energy Certificates etc.
S - Support and activities on social responsibility
- Happiness at Work Promotion Scheme 2023 accepts enrollment. Details please refer to https://www.hkworkhappiness.com
- Support cultural activities such as KamCha, Green dot dot etc.
- Keeping good relationship with suppliers and trading partners (ESG Advocators)
- Support charitable activities (coming soon)
G - Support and activities on Governance
- ESG Seminar
- ESG seminar with CLP on 22 Mar 2023
- ESG seminar with Tradelink on 10 May 2023
- ESG seminar with HSBC on 6 Jun 2023
- CMA Training
- Seminars, forums and workshops
- Professional bodies - Protect intellectual property
- Hong Kong Brands Protection Alliance (HKBPA)
- Hong Kong Institute of Patent Attorney (HKIPA)
- Global ESG supply chain evaluation platform